This is one of our most popular tours as it allows you to spend a very reasonable amount of time in the Serengeti (2 nights) and still have the chance of exploring Ngorongoro and Manyara or Tarangire National Parks. You can either do the tour by land (circle itinerary) or fly back from the Serengeti to remove the backtracking.
Day 1: Lake Manyara National Park
Pick up from your hotel at 8 am and start a beautiful journey across the Great Rift Valley for a full-day game drive. Although small in dimension (205 sq. miles), the park has breathtaking scenery and is well famous for its lush acacia forest, giant figs, and mahogany trees, as well as to a growing population of baboons and blue monkeys. Permanent residents of this park also include giraffes, elephants, impalas, and a huge amount of buffaloes. The lake is also home to a large number of hippos. The landscapes of Lake Manyara are something that can not be described with words, and the game drives along the lake provide stunning photo opportunities of giraffes and buffaloes in the foreground and the lake in the background. Some possible extra tours are possible, including a bike tour or a boat excursion. Afternoon return to the camp for dinner.
NOTE: You can replace this park with Tarangire NP or add an extra day and visit both.
Accommodation: Farm of Dream Lodge Karatu
Day 2: Serengeti National Park
After an early breakfast, depart towards the most famous National park in the World, the Serengeti. The driving itself, although long, is spectacular. This will be an unforgettable moment for anyone seeing it for the first time. As you progress well into the Serengeti, you will see why the name means, in the local language, “endless plains”. The park has 6,900 sq. miles (18,000 sq. km) and for most of it, the plains will stretch to the horizon defying your senses and perception of distances. It is the home of the Great Migration and to 2 million wildebeests, hundreds of thousands of zebras, and all kinds of antelopes. As for Big Cats and large predators, it’s the place of choice to look out for lions, cheetahs, leopards, hyenas, with many television scenes like the famous river crossings having been filmed in this park.
Accommodation: Serengeti Heritage Tented Lodge
Day 3: Serengeti National Park
Full day in the Serengeti National Park. We are completely flexible with your preferences and this day will be organized according to your wishes. On every day of the safari, your guide will discuss with you the best timings for you, including the game drives and the wake-up time. For example, on this day, you could do a morning game drive, return to the camp for lunch and relaxation and finish with an afternoon game drive, or you could do a full day game drive with a picnic lunch.
Accommodation: Serengeti Heritage Tented Lodge
Day 4: Serengeti to Ngorongoro
On this day we suggest a very early wake up in order to do an early morning game drive (when the animals are more active) and see one of the best sunrises you’ll ever witness. After the game drive, we return to the camp for a rewarding brunch, and then we’ll proceed to Ngorongoro, the 8th wonder of the Natural World. The crater spreads for 102 sq. miles and has 2.000 ft high walls, making it virtually Noah’s ark and inhabiting almost every species of wildlife that is indigenous to East Africa. It’s one of the very rare locations in the whole continent where you can witness the Black Rhino. The crater has a river, several swamps, a soda lake with a great concentration of flamingos, a forest, and open plains. It’s also famous for its elephants which, are the largest in the world and have huge tusks. Ngorongoro Crater is truly a Wonder of the Natural World.
Accommodation: Ngorongoro Wildlife Lodge
Day 5: Ngorongoro Crater
We will start the day very early and descend into the crater floor for an incredible morning of wildlife in one of the most stunning places on Earth. After the game drive, there will be time for a picnic lunch near the beautiful hippo Lake. After lunch, we will have time for a short game drive and then ascend the crater and exit Ngorongoro Conservation Area towards Arusha. We expect to be back in Arusha around 5 pm although we are flexible in case there is a flight to catch or another situation.
- AMREF Flying Doctor Insurance (This service is only available before its dark and can only transfer you to the nearest airstrip to hospital during Emergency)
- Unlimited bottled drinking water during game viewing
- Unlimited game mileage
- Park entry fees and Crater fees (24hrs single entry)
- Professional English-Speaking Driver guide
– A Friendly, Experienced and Passionate Driver Guide expert at a wide variety of skills: Flora and Fauna, Tanzania’s cultural and natural history
- 4X4 Custom built – Toyota Land cruiser
– Pop-up Roof, Opening Sliding windows, Seat Belts, Heavy duty wheels, and Extra Fuel tanks
– Refrigerator for cooling drinks, one pair of binoculars per couple, Eco friendly Trash Bag,
– Wi-Fi on board during safari, Charging Outlets type Plug G for charging Cameras and smart phones
- 24-Hour support during the safari from our office in Arusha
- Round-trip airport transfers
- Accommodation before and after safari in Arusha
- International flights (from/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and after safari
- Tips (Tipping guidance US$20 per person per day
- Personal items (souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees,etc)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees
- Alcohol drinks
- Travel insurance and medical repatriation
- Beverage in the accommodation you will be staying